... to be finished with my candy buffet! I must say, getting the candy buffet all fancied up was a much harder task than I originally thought! I have had the jars for the candy forever, we finished the candy boxes about awhile ago (as in LAST JUNE! haha), made this sign for the center of the display and had already bought all the candy so the last task was making the jars look pretty!
I knew I wanted some labels on the jars, so I printed some up in my second favorite font (DJ Fancy), printed them out and glued them to some cardstock and then glued that to a ribbon and put it on the jar. They do not all look the exact same, since the shapes are different. Here they are all together:
And here is a close-up of one of them:
A word of advice to anyone out there who plans to make some labels of any sort to put on their candy jars (or anything else that is glass) - USE THE HOT GLUE GUN!!! The first time I put these together, I used some glue dots and tape runners thinking that that would work. Well, by the time I woke up the next morning, pretty much everything fell apart and I had to start over. The hot glue gun worked wonderfully... and everything has been holding up perfectly since then!
I also added some ribbon to the scoops and ladles that we will be using for the candy. Here is how they turned out:
The scoops were purchased here and the ribbon is from Michael's.
That is one more project down and only a couple to go! It really is bittersweet!
Just a Girl Midweek Mentions
19 minutes ago