our new & improved calligraphy business!

favorite blogs

8.02.2009

hanging out with DAVE MATTHEWS!!!!!!!!

Every summer, Ryan and I go on a trip to Noblesville, Indiana for a two-night Dave Matthews Band concert and camping trip with another couple. It is definitely something we look forward to all year. Last Wednesday, Ryan got a phone call from the Warehouse saying that we had been selected for a meet and greet before the show on Friday night... which means that WE GOT TO MEET DAVE!!!! Let me tell you.... NOTHING makes me feel nervous or intimidated and I was literally a nervous wreck with anticipation while we were waiting to meet him.

There were basically about 15-20 people in the Meet & Greet, including Dallas Clark who plays for the Indianapolis Colts. It was funny, he said "I go to work with Payton Manning everyday and yet I'm still nervous about meeting Dave." After we found out we were going to meet Dave, we were trying to figure out something funny to say to him because we didn't want to be those people who are like, "ohhhh I love you.. I'm your biggest fan... yada yada yada." So when he came up to us I said "I thought we were in line to meet John Mayer?" and he laughed and said John Mayer was his friend but he was taller, better looking and then said something else that was extremely funny but not G-rated blog appropriate! We talked to him for awhile and he was so easy to talk to and definitely didn't act as crazy as he sometimes does in interviews.

Enough talk... onto the pictures!

15 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

I went to HS with a guy named Dave Matthews we made him class president and made him perform at graduation. People really thought the real dave matthews band was going to be performing...they were disappointed!

heidzilla said...

I'm in the Warehouse and got selected for the EXACT.SAME.MEET & GREET in 2006. I about peed I was so nervous and so excited. I actually had the photos of us up on Facebook again last week since he was here in Ohio and we went to the concert.

CONGRATS! I obviously can relate. Can you believe how TALL he is!??!

dreaming in pink and green said...

that's so awesome, love DMB!

Stephanie said...

so freakin fabulous!!!! love me some DMB! what a great surprise and how fun :-D

Kim said...

that is so exciting and fun!!! love the pics!!!

Julie Compton said...

I didn't even know the Warehouse did this until I stumbled across your post. Simply AMAZING. I envy you! Talk about hitting the jackpot . . . I would think I'd died and gone to heaven . . . I seem DMB in Tampa next week -- a girl can dream . . .

Great pictures, by the way. Your smile says it all. So, how tall WAS he, exactly? :-)

Hannah D. said...

That is so exciting and fun!! I'm sure you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

that's too cool! awesome story and pics!

Mrs. Classic said...

SO Jealous!! That is amazing.

Bunny said...

What an awesome opportunity!

Cheers,
Bunny

ps- your hair looks super chic!

Melanie said...

You have NO idea how unbelievably jealous I am. Seriously.

JACKIE said...

Wow! How exciting!! I totally love that you came up with something funny and original to say to him! Smart girl =)Love the pics!

~The Ferguson's said...

swa-EET!
We went to the Riverbend Show.
I'll def. have to check out the Indiana show.

P*P*P said...

AH! How fun! I LOVE LOVE LOVE DAVE!!! You lucky girl!

Tina♥ said...

I AM SOOOO JELOUS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is my #1. What a day for you lucky girl!!