our new & improved calligraphy business!

favorite blogs

4.09.2008

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

It was very easy for me to choose the ladies that I wanted as my bridesmaids and Matron of Honor, but it was not easy to decide how to ask them. I wanted to do something different, something memorable and something that would surprise them. I searched the internet for ideas and advice on this, when I ran across some "Will you be my bridesmaid" cookies on various websites. I went to my local Cookies by Design store, and had them create 5 of these cookies, in my wedding colors. Then, I went to a scrapbooking store, and got some paper & ribbon to match, and wrote each of my girls a letter. Four of the girls live in my hometown, so I went to surprise each of them one weekend when I was at home visiting my family. I gained a lot more respect for my fiancée that weekend, because it did make me a little nervous when I had to "pop the question" to each of the girls! For my Matron of Honor, she lives about an hour away from me, so with a little help from her husband, we were able to surprise her with dinner along with her cookie and letter one Wednesday evening. Luckily, all 5 of them said yes, and now I have the greatest bridal party ever! Here are some pictures of the cookies & letters:








2 comments:

Erica said...

Cute idea! I may have to borrow it, or something similar.

Weddingish said...

Visit Weddingish.com there's this and many more options!