our new & improved calligraphy business!

favorite blogs

5.07.2008

Bargain Shopping Again!

I did something unprecedented today. I took a personal day from work! In the 4 years I have been at my job, I have hardly EVER taken days off unless I was going on vacation, going to a Dave concert or going out of town in general. I never take days off to get stuff done, and boy did it feel good to do just that! I had sooooo much shopping and cleaning to do because my future Mother-in-Law (from San Diego... I have another one in Colorado.. I'm lucky, I get two!) is coming to Kentucky for the first time tomorrow until next Tuesday, then we are having all of our friends and my family over for my fiancee's Graduation party on Saturday and then of course Mother's Day is on Sunday so I have a LOT of stuff to get ready for. Well, during my shopping today, I found some cute stuff that I had to share! I honestly thought that finding Lilly or Vineyard Vines at TJ Maxx/ Marshall's was just an urban legend... but lo and behold I witnessed it with my own 2 eyes! Here are some of the bargains I got today:

I got the Lilly polo shirt for my Mom for only $29.99 at Marshall's! I was chit-chatting with another lady in line there and she said she had just bought the same shirt in a different color at TJ Maxx, but I didn't have a chance to go over there. The shorts are actually bermuda shorts that I got at Target (Merona brand) for $12.99!! They have the cutest seersucker belt. They have a navy pair with a navy & green whale belt! I also picked up the pink & green towel for $10 and the madras tie for my fiancee for $9.99. Honestly, I have always been kind of a snob about discount stores like TJ/Marshalls, because I don't have enough patience to look through all that stuff. But today I stand corrected. I will definitely be back!

Oh and P.S... a quick shout out to Erica, Elizabeth or anyone else who needs any nautical-type stuff, I was in Kohl's today and they have a really really cute nautical line of home stuff (dishes, trays, menu boards, etc) that you might want to check out!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Great finds, love the polo! I am going to stop by kohls today, thanks for the heads up!!!

The Adventures of Maverick & the Mrs. said...

Thanks for the sweet comment! Your blog is too cute, and every time I hear "bona fide," I think about the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" and smile! I love that movie! And as for us Kentucky girls, we have to stick together! I've been substitute teaching out here in Washington state, and yesterday I had a funny experience. I was calling roll in a 3rd/4th split class, when I got to a kid named Tyler. I called his name 3 times before they realized who I was calling. Apparently I have an accent (who knew!?!) and they didn't understand my "Tyyyyyyyler." They thought I was from Texas, I quickly corrected them and told them I was from KY. One of the girls said, "I was born in Kentucky, but now I speak English." I started cracking up, and assured her I was speaking English. :) Here's to that other language we speak in our great state, Bona Fide Preppy Bride!

Erica said...

Thanks for the info/shoutout! Unfortunately, no Kohl's near me...yet! I'll check online, or just drive to the nearest one.

I found the CUTEST VV belt at Marshall's today, but not in my size. I'm still coveting it!

Kate said...

Hi there- just found your blog!

As soon as I get back to the states, I am hitting up Marshalls and TJ Maxx!

Mrs.Preppy said...

I love the tie. Where did you pick that up? I want to get one for my husband.

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

You found some really great things. I LOVE the tie!!!