our new & improved calligraphy business!

favorite blogs

7.20.2008

A Surprise for our Flower Girl

Ryan and I have known all along that we wanted to ask his littlest sister, Kayla, to be our flower girl. Since she lives in San Diego, we knew that we would have to wait a long time before we could ask her in person. She and I have been very close since Ryan and I met each other, so I wanted to so something special for her. Although she hasn't met him yet, she LOVES our dog, Carter. She even wrote him a letter in the mail... it was adorable! So, to ask her to be our flower girl, I came up with this:

The picture is kind of hard to read from here, but it says "Kayla, Will you be our Flower Girl" and then our names. I got an unfinished frame from Michael's, along with the flower, bride and groom cutouts. I painted it all and hot glued it together. Carter and I had a little photo shoot to take the picture and he actually did really well! He really needs to be a dog model! haha.. So anyway, I packaged it up and sent it off to San Diego. She called us this morning and told me how much she loved it and that she would love to be our flower girl. She also told me she "covered the frame up so it doesn't get dirty" which I thought was really cute! She is a true girly girl and I am hoping she can use this frame for a picture after the wedding. Here is a picture that Ryan's Mom emailed me of Kayla with her frame!

Isn't she the cutest little blond haired, blue-eyed California girl? And, as you can see... the dimples definitely run in the family!

4 comments:

Kate said...

What a cute idea!!

Sarah said...

Too Cute!!!

Always Organizing said...

So sweet!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

she's adorable!

we got our flower girls these GIANT cupcakes in adorable pink and white polka dot boxes and gave them these pink and white polka dot invitations that invited them to be our flower girls. they got pretty stinkin' excited and i babysat them they night, so i had to suffer the sugar high of the 4 and 2 year olds!