our new & improved calligraphy business!

favorite blogs

3.30.2010

i'm alive...but just barely!

hey friends! im sorry that has been almost a MONTH since the last time i blogged, but i have been SO BUSY! here's a little run-down of what's been keeping me away from my blog...

1. sickness!

for about the first 8-10 days of march, i was layed up in bed with some sort of crazy flu-type virus. i had the craziest cough i have ever heard come out of a human being. my brother, who is a doctor, actually thought there was a possibility that i had the whooping cough! luckily, after being on antibiotics for about 6 days, it finally went away. but of course, after it was gone i had that yucky lethargic feeling you get after being sick so i pretty much did nothing for a few more days!

2. work!

i know i never really did a "formal" post about my new calligraphy business (since it became an actual business) because well, i sometimes think its awkward to self-promote. but i have to say that creating an actual website has GREATLY increased my business and i am very luckily to be very, very busy right now! it is wedding season, so i'm glad we got everything up and running at a good time! all of my blog readers that are brides-to-be should check out the blog on my business website. i blog from time-to-time (when i actually HAVE time!) about wedding-related things that i love!

3. (finally) getting our biggest master bedroom closet in order!
i probably need to clarify that a little bit. our house is overflowing with closets. our master bedroom and bathroom have a grand total of FIVE closets between the two of them. our main master bedroom closet is about the same size as my first dorm room. for a long time, i have been shopping and reading and trying to decide what to do with it to make it look more organized. because i'm off my blogging game i forgot to take before pictures, but here are some current pictures of this work in progress.



let me start by saying that, yes, my husband does have more clothes than that. the problem with his side of the closet is that his shirts are so long that they overlap the bottom shelf if we hang them on the top. eventually we want to take out those wire shelves and put in the long closet poles but that is another project for another day. i bought the dresser at ikea last week for $129 and drawer organizers for the inside for $10. let me tell you - those drawer organizers have changed my life. sometimes i open the drawer and just look at all the organized goodness. another big change in the closet was that we switched out all of our white plastic hangers for cherry wood hangers and i am sort of in love with those as well. it was kind of an expensive switch, but i think it is already paying dividends. i just love how finished the dark hangers make it look, even when everything else in there is a mess!

okay i'm done making excuses! just wanted to fill everyone in on why i have been a horrible blogger! now i need to go read some blogs before something else comes up! have a great day, friends!

11 comments:

I Do Declare said...

I had that same cough madness, too - it took FOREVER to go away! Hope you're feeling better. Good luck with the business!!! Also, I have SERIOUS closet envy - ours (in a townhome circa 1973) are SO tiny!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better! Hooray on having a booming business right now, and OMG at those closets! That in itself is worth a standing ovation dear! :-) LOL!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a reason for calligraphy. I'm taking letter writing up, and so I'm experimenting with trying to write the prettiest letters possible. Suggestions on pens?

Nicole-Lynn said...

So glad your calligraphy business is doing well! That's very exciting! I'm also glad you're feeling better. Glad you're back to blogging! :)

Pink Champagne said...

I'm glad you are finally feeling better! And all that closet space? You lucky girl!!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Can I pleassse have your master closet!!! I have the opposite problem at my house, I can't seem to fit everything I want into it! Hope you are feeling better!

Jen said...

i'm glad you're back at it!

is it weird that when you were talking about your drawer organizer that i wanted to see it. and then i thought...you can't just expect a stranger to show you her drawers! baaahhaha!

anyway...good for you on getting healthy, a working hard & fixin' up your space! i love the inspiration...

Jen

Kim said...

Your closet looks great!!! Love how organized it is and i LOVE those hangers. I've been tempted to splurge and get them for ours as well. I feel like it's something that's definitely worth it!

Lindsay said...

OH. MY. GOD. Your closet is to DIE for!! I'm entirely jealous!!!

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

Wooden hangers...years ago, I converted all my clothing to wooden hangers too! Looks great!!

Unknown said...

This is should be the organized close. Excellent.

wedding videography in chicago