our new & improved calligraphy business!

favorite blogs

6.17.2008

Wedding Nightmares...

Has this phenomenon happened to any current or former brides-to-be? On average, I have a wedding nightmare once a week. I know it is stupid and happens as a result of planning/ thinking about my wedding just about 24 hours a day, but it is really annoying! They have been pretty lame but last night's was crazy. Basically, it was my wedding day and I "forgot" to get a dress, get bridesmaids dresses, make a hair appointment, buy a cake, get a caterer, and so forth. I did, however, have a wedding planner (who must have totally dropped the ball! haha) and she ran out to buy me a dress, bridesmaids dresses and a cake. The cake was a sheet cake from a grocery store and had a clown on it. Not kidding. My dress was 2 pieces with long sleeves and a short skirt. And it was light brown. My bridesmaids were all wearing different dresses that mostly did not fit because they didn't have them altered. Oh, and the Best Man showed up half-way through the ceremony. I know I know... I have got to RELAX!!! I have 80% of my wedding planned and I have eleven months before it happens. Sometimes I call a vendor to request a consultation and they laugh because their "calendar doesn't go that far." I am just one of those people who thinks everything needed to be done 15 minutes ago. I stress myself out with my impatience, but what can do... I yam what I yam! Oh well...I'll probably end up like her...

3 comments:

Erica said...

I don't have the nightmares...yet. But, totally have gotten the calendar phenomenon. They're wedding vendors; they should be able to schedule for at least 12 months out!

Erin said...

I have but one of my bridesmaids had a nice nightmare where I was having a "Broadway" wedding! Ha!

-E

Anonymous said...

I had my first wedding nightmare a few weeks ago! I wrote a blog about it as well because it disturbed me so much! It was terrible and I hope it never happens again. My first wedding nightmare...